Another year has passed and it is time to summarize data related to Class-A appraisals for the People CMM®. (the first post was Adoption of People CMM® -01: Appraisal Results).
Here is the updated data with the People CMM® SCAMPISM-A published results of 2014 added:
Data for 2010 to 2014 has been picked up from the Published Appraisal Results Site maintained by the CMMI Institute. Earlier data has been picked up from multiple sources as given in the table. Some appraisals may be missing from the data, if the appraised entity did not wish to publish the results (for whatever reasons).
Further analysis of the past 20 appraisals (of the last 3 years) listed in the Published Appraisal Results Site (with Filter People CMM® v2.0) shows the following:
- Eighteen of the 20 appraisals in the period 2012-2014 were led by three LAs (D Sankararaman, K Kothandaraman and Rajesh Naik).
- The 20 People CMM® appraisals (of the last 3 years) were accounted for between five LAs.
- There are 11 authorized LAs for the model on 5-Jan-2015 (the number of LAs was 9 in 2013). Five of the eleven have done at least one listed SCAMPISM-A appraisal in the last 3 years. (for a list of People CMM® LAs go to the Partner Directory; select “CMMI Institute Authorized SCAMPI with People CMM Lead Appraiser” option –> you will get the list of LAs for People CMM®).
- Most appraised organizations of the last 3 years belong to the IT, ITes and engineering domains. Though there are some from other domains like telecom (Dialog).
- Accenture – Tech units across the globe has the highest number of entries in the list of the last 3 years.
The reasons for the low number of appraisals for People CMM® have been discussed in the post Adoption of People CMM® -03: Why is it Low? – I believe the same reasons continue to apply even today.
Hope we have a greater adoption of the model and more number of reported appraisals in 2013 and beyond.
Other related posts uploaded on the same blog:
- Adoption of People CMM® -03: Why is it Low?
- People CMM® – Explored: A Quick Overview – A Presentation
- My List of Books for Implementing People CMM®
- Interview with Prakash Hegde: Experiences with People CMM® Implementation
- Interview: Monty Bharali (Head-HR, DSTWS) shares his experience with the People CMM® in a BPO-IT context
- Interview: Ajay Prabhu (COO) and Sonia Kutty (GM-HR) of QuEST share their experience of implementing People CMM® in an engineering organization
- Interview: D Sankararaman – a Consultant-cum-LA’s view of People CMM®
Nothing Official About It! – The views presented above are in no manner reflective of the official views of any organization, community, group, institute, or association. They may not even be the official views of the author :-).
SM-SCAMPI is a service mark of Carnegie Mellon University.
The People CMM® (by Bill Curtis, Bill Hefley, and Sally Miller) has been available for more than 15 years. Version 1.0 of the model was released in 1995 and version 2.0 was released in 2001.